I always like to take a peek at Ana Maria Braga‘s recipes (she has a show in Brazil like Martha Stewart) and this week she prepared this wonderful dessert. I read the ingredients and it sounded like a very good combination. Then today I bought the ingredients and decided to test. It really is a delight! I cut the recipe in half, which yielded four servings, but it could have had more strawberries. So next time I’ll reduce the other ingredients but not the strawberries.
Strawberry and Chocolate Layers
- 600g of strawberries, hulled and cubed
- ⅓ cup of balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup of caster sugar
- 2 cans of condensed milk
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 150g of dark chocolate, chopped
- 200ml of double cream, whipped
- In a bowl put the cubed strawberries, balsamic vinegar and sugar. Mix everything and marinate for about one hour. Next, drain the strawberries and reserve the marinade.
- Place in a saucepan 2 cans of condensed milk, 2 tbsps of butter and cook over low heat, stirring constantly for about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and add 150g of chopped dark chocolate and mix well until completely melted.
- Separate 1/3 of the chocolate cream and fold it into 200ml of whipped cream. Add the reserved balsamic marinade to the 2/3 remaining of the chocolate cream and mix well.
- Using 8 wine glasses, make a layer with strawberries, a layer of chocolate cream with balsamic vinegar and then a layer of whipped cream. Refrigerate to chill.
Yield: 8 servings