Thursday night… I checked what were the options for dinner and there weren’t many, but there were some prawns, which is a start. Then I looked at my basil plant and spaghetti with pesto came to my mind. I added some prawns to that and here is the result. I have someone at home to evaluate the recipes I prepare, Ben (husband), and he said it was very delicious. The best part was to see his face when he took the first bite.
So let’s go for the recipe, but honestly this is one of those dishes that has not secrets and requires no skills, so there was no point in posting the recipe here, but I decided to post it more as a tip of a fast and delicious meal. You could use store bought pesto, but let me tell you, the flavour of fresh made pesto is something else.
Spaghetti with Pesto and Prawns
- 200g of spaghetti (or enough for 2 people)
- 250g of raw king prawns
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp of grated cheese
- pine nuts, walnuts or peanuts (optional)
- Season the prawns with salt, garlic and lemon juice and marinate for a few minutes.
- For the pesto: in a food processor blend the basil, garlic, pine nuts, and olive oil. Add the grated cheese, season with salt and pulse the processor just to mix all together.
- Cook the spaghetti in salted water. Meanwhile, add a little bit of olive oil in a fry pan and fry the prawns until they are pink (I used raw prawns). When the prawns are ready, mix some of the pesto just to coat them.
- Mix the remaining pesto with the pasta and put the prawns on the top. Sprinkle grated cheese and enjoy.