This is the second recipe I tried from the website Sabor Intenso and the second one I need to share with you. The only thing I don’t recommend is to freeze these “bolinhos”. I wasn’t very successful when I tried to fry them after being frozen. But following the recipe and frying them right away, it’s simply delicious.
Bolinhos de Bacalhau
- 600g salted cod, unsalted
- 800g potatoes
- 3 to 4 eggs
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 100ml olive oil
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- salt (if necessary), pepper and nutmeg for seasoning
- vegetable oil to fry
- Cook the potatoes in salted water for about 30 minutes. When cooked, mash the potatoes and set aside.
- In another pot with water, put in the cod and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the cod and put on a plate to cool down. When cold, remove bones and skin and break into flakes.
- In a frying pan, add the olive oil, onions and garlic and cook until the onions are soft, but don’t burn it. Add the cod and cook slowly. Stir with a wooden spoon until the cod is totally shredded.
- Mix the cod with the mashed potatoes. Add parsley and season with salt (if necessary), pepper and nutmeg, combining everything well together.
- Add one egg at a time. This batter should be well glued and consistent so the “bolinhos” can hold their shape.
- Grease 2 spoons with olive oil. Take one spoon of the batter, pass that from one spoon to another until you have something in a sphere shape.
- Fry in hot oil, turning the “bolinhos” until they are golden brown on every side.
- Put in a plate with kitchen towel and they are ready to serve.
Yield: 30 bolinhos