To celebrate the apple season here and to use the apples we pick from our tree I baked this cake, which is very delicious. I have made this cake for some time already, but making it with our very own apples makes it taste even better. Hmmm… and the smell of apples and cinnamon in the house when the cake is in the oven it’s just so good!!!
- 3 apples
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup oil
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 cups plain flour
- 100 g raisins
- 50 g walnuts, roughly chopped
Orange Syrup (optional)
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Wash and peel the apples. Reserve both the peels and the pulp separately. Chop the apples into small cubes.
- Place the peels in a blender. Add the eggs, oil, cinnamon, sugar and baking powder. Beat until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the sifted flour, chopped apples, raisins and walnuts. Stir until everything is well combined. Pour the batter into tin with a hole in the middle, greased and floured.
- Put in the preheated oven and bake for about an hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Syrup: Stir all ingredients until the sugar is dissolved and spread on top of the cake when still warm.
- If you prefer without the syrup, just sprinkle icing sugar using a sieve.