Who said that you need to skip dessert if you are trying to lose weight? Well, not if you choose wisely and these light mini cream cheese cups are the perfect size to satisfy your craving for something sweet without making you feel guilty.
I really like the recipes from Weight Watchers because when you taste them you don’t think “oh this is light/low fat”… you just think “that’s delicious” and still healthy. To me that’s essential. You can serve them to everybody. I took these little cups to a picnic and people could never tell they were light. They taste like cheesecake and are very yummy!! Believe me.
Orange Cream Cheese Cookie Cups
Recipe from Weight Watchers
- 225g low fat cream cheese, divided
- 3 tbsp fat-free skim milk
- 2 tbsp light margarine
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp unsweetened orange juice, fresh
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat two 12-cup miniature muffin pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- To prepare cookie dough, in a large mixing bowl combine 55g cream cheese (approximately 1/4), milk and margarine. Beat on low speed until blended.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and 1 tablespoon sugar. Beat flour mixture into cream cheese mixture on low speed until blended.
- Transfer cookie dough to a lightly floured surface and knead gently 4 times. Divide dough into 24 equal portions and press each portion into bottom and up sides of prepared muffin pans; set aside.
- To prepare filling, in a food processor or large bowl combine remaining 170g cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, egg, orange juice, zest and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons filling into prepared cookie cups. Bake until filling is set and edges are golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Yields one cookie cup per serving.
- For a tarter version, substitute fresh lemon juice and lemon zest for the orange ingredients.
- ProPoints value: 2
Yield: 24 mini cups